Wheat Bread

Today I decided to make wheat bread from scratch. We just got a case of wheat, and I was anxious to make some delicious homemade bread. I've never ground wheat kernels all by my lonesome, but I was confident in doing so thanks to our lovely... VITA MIX! Seriously, so easy. The whole process (from raw wheat kernels to me eating a piece of bread with honey and butter) took roughly an hour and twenty minutes. Miraculous? Yes. The recipe came from one of the Vita Mix grain cookbooks.

Here are some photos:

Wheat. With some salt.

IMG_0097_2

Viola! Wheat flour (after about one minute in the Vita Mix! Easiest way to grind wheat into flour!):

IMG_0098_2

Mixing all ingredients together (in the Vita Mix). You even "knead" the bread in the container:

IMG_0100

Plopping the dough into the bread pan:

IMG_0101_2

The dough after rising for about 20 minutes:

IMG_0103

The finished bread:

IMG_0106 IMG_0107

1 comments:

Unknown said...

very lovely! It looks great, and tasty too.

Post a Comment